The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has Confirmed that rescue and recovery operations have been concluded at site of the Three-Storey Building that Collapsed In The Yaba Area Of Lagos.
Its Zonal Coordinator South-West, Ibrahim Farinloye, said the operation was carried out by NEMA, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the fire service, and the Police.
Farinloye said one more dead body was recovered on Sunday from the Three-Storey Building that collapsed in the Yaba area of Lagos, bringing the total casualty figure to Four.
While confirming the development, Farinloye informed that out of the two survivors of the collapsed building, only one was trapped, while the second person, a teenager, escaped by luck after complaining of hunger.
Earlier in a statement, the Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Idris Salako noted that Preliminary findings indicated that the Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA, had sealed off the construction site in 2021, but stated that work resumed at the site without authorisation.
He however said the developer in charge of the site had since been arrested and handed over to the police.